Solness's Ideal Kingdom and Man -- A Brief Talk on the Images in The Master Builder
Keywords:Ibsen, image, drama
As for Ibsen's later work The Master Builder, most people are paying attention to the expression of ethical themes and the study of characters' self-consciousness. Since The Wild Duck, his works gradually began to explore characters' hearts, and many scholars classified it as symbolism. This paper analyzes many intentions in Ibsen's The Master Builder, and reveals how image, the ontological category of poetics and aesthetics, is applicable to drama.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Wanzhuo Wang
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Authors keep the copyright of their manuscripts under a Creative Commons license: CC BY -4.0
- All articles are made immediately available worldwide under an open access license.
- All Open Access articles published by BVP are under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0).
- BVP will insert the following words at the left bottom of each article's first page: copyright@authors, This is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
- CETRprovides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public and supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.